Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Hello World

Writing a first post is tough. There are so many questions with vague answers. "What kind of tone should I use?" "Who is my audience?" "How much should I talk about in a post?"

That is actually exactly perfectly in line with the reason this blog exists. This blog exists to show the struggle and journey of one person trying to create a game. So I guess we are on the right track already. Showing the struggle. I'm not a professional programmer and I'm not a professional artist. I can't pretend to offer the best solutions for either of those fields. I'm just one person trying to stumble through a dark room lined with traps and sharp, pointy, objects, grasping for a light switch.


So where are we in our quest to make a game? What kind of game are we making? When can we play the game?

Where are we?

Well we are about here: 

Combined with here:


What is that supposed to be?

That is supposed to be a cross between Megaman and BlazBlue.  Well, it's supposed to be a precursor to that game.  This first game is called 'Bottle Smasher.'  We take the role of a heroine trying to learn the ultimate martial arts technique from a cranky old master who just wants to be left alone.  He tries to throw bottles at her but with our help, she will smash them all and learn the secret.  

The idea is to release it for free on mobile with some hopefully not so annoying ads.  It's currently being done in Android studio with LibGDX.  It's just, I can't get over how tiny the graphics look on mobile.  I've definitely got a PC release in the back of my head just so everything can be seen more clearly.

Oh right okay, when can we play?

I have no idea.  There is just so much stuff to do.  So much animating, so much programming.  There will be lots and lots of content to blog about! The good news is that recently I've stopped working at my ESL job in Korea so I have a mountain of time.  The bad news is.. well. Hm. No income, moving, etc. 

Can you teach me how to draw or how to program?

You know that saying 'The blind leading the blind'?  Yeah.. we would definitely fall into a pit.  This blog is more for entertainment purposes than educational ones.  I'll definitely point out as many resources as I can though!

How often will you update?

Ho ho ho.. no way I'm falling for that one.  I promise to try to update frequently.  If you're looking for quick fixes on how the journey is progressing feel free to watch my art page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FosaArt/
 
Thanks for reading and I hope it will be interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment