Saturday, March 19, 2016

Walking Animation

How was your trip?

Awesome!  Istanbul and Amsterdam were both well worth visiting.  People around the world are very kind.  They are also a bit pushy and will definitely try to help you part with your money.  Also.. man.. Istanbul has a lot of refugees from Syria.. They'll ask you for money too, and I urge you to give as much as you can.  

Watch out for the experienced swindlers though.. that money would have made me happier if it went to the kids or musicians playing on the grand strip.

What's up for today?

Well the walking animation is passable by itself, needs a little more work, but we really need to see it side by side in the game and judge how it matches the resting animation.  I'm very worried that the perspective is too different between them and it will look awkward.











Great let's throw it in and see!

Yep that's the idea but it's been so long since I added an animation I can't remember what all the steps are..  And, lo and behold, there are no comments in the code.. I was saving that for the great refactoring which.. I assume will still be great when it happens.

Well after just a little bit of mucking around, we've got it in the game!  Here's the little update:






Next we'll work on the attack animation!  I'll be making a Youtube tutorial video out of that one.  It will be long and arduous.  We'll get there though!

No comments:

Post a Comment