Monday, February 1, 2016

Project Reorganizing

Reorganizing?  What does that mean?


Talking with a friend helped me realize that the goals of this project need to be restructured.  I need to reduce the timeline way way down.  Cut out a TON of content.

Don't you like this project?

I love this project!  The programming is always rewardingly difficult and learning animation is incredibly INCREDIBLY helpful!

What was your goal for this project?

Yeah they definitely changed.  Originally the goals of this project were: 
- To make a first game and finish it
- To make a precursor game for a bigger version
- To relearn programming and gear up for a bigger different game

Then in the middle, after diving into animation and the Libgdx framework and getting excited about the possibility of earning money with it, and finding myself loving the process, I went into full on feature-creeper mode.

However the problem is that the game itself isn't one I'm passionate about.  I don't think "this is a game that needs to be made."  The problem is that there is another game I feel incredibly passionate about.

If I could be sure that this game would be a money maker, I would of course finish it in all of its 1.5 year long development glory.  And if people get excited about a smaller version of it, I'm more than happy to keep going with it.  However as I'd like to be a game developer, as a career and actually make a living, as opposed to the slowly dying I'm currently doing, I need to make the economic choice.  I've got to invest my time in the game I believe in strongly.

So this game's focus is going to be re-oriented as an infinite smasher.  Less levels, less effects, less attacks, less everything.  I'm satisfied with this decision.

Well, back to the Hud design as that hasn't changed much regardless of this "refocusing."

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment